Bicycle Program’s Manager
Jibe is a small, high performing non-profit organization that encourages the North Natomas community to walk, bike, and use public transportation. Our team values creative ideas, innovation, and effective action to support its mission.
The Bicycle Program’s Manager is responsible for developing incentive programs and marketing campaigns aimed at creating behavior change. The successful candidate will be a collaborative, positive, engaged agent of change with a passion for creating programs that impact the community. They will find satisfaction in identifying creative transportation solutions to improve how people live, work and play.
- Create and manage bicycle program budget
- Develop curriculum and apply a behavior change management framework for educational programs designed for youth and adults within North Natomas’ diverse community
- Develop and manage programming and creative marketing campaigns to increase bicycle ridership for constituents of all ages and abilities
- Oversee Better on Bikes, Earn-a-Bike, Bike Doc, Project Ride Smart, Bike Tech, May is Bike Month, and trail activation events
- Establish partnerships with diverse audiences and stakeholders including other non-profits, government agencies, elected officials, neighborhood associations, and schools to increase participation in Jibe’s programs and raise the profile of the organization
- Plan, manage, budget, and evaluate all aspects of community events such as Bike Swap, Electric Vehicle Expo, and more
- Write support letters to provide input in the local development process
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Bicycle Instructor hourly employees
- Create and distribute resources to encourage ridership including area bikeways map and information about riding groups
- Advocate for and implement new and innovative bicycle amenities such as wayfinding signage, bike share, bike parking, and fix-it stations
- Stay up-to-date and informed on local, regional, and national bicycle and commuting trends and innovations
- Hire and work closely with external graphic designers and production companies to produce marketing materials
- Assist Jibe staff in overall community outreach efforts and regional activities, as well as other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of six years of experience in marketing, education, planning, event management, or another related professional role required
- Genuine enthusiasm for active transportation combined with a willingness to enthusiastically promote environmentally friendly transportation
- Superior writing skills and demonstrated excellence in verbal and interpersonal communications with diverse audiences
- An engaging speaker who is comfortable with frequent public contact with a diverse cross-section of the public and business community
- Familiarity with city and local government functions
- Excellent program evaluation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, understanding and usage of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with expectations for meeting performance goals; committed to producing high quality work
- Positive, enthusiastic self-starter who excels in a collaborative work environment, has a bias for action and is resourceful in generating new ideas
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; strong organization and time management skills
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a car to travel throughout the region to event sites and partner visits (mileage reimbursed at IRS rate)
- Due to the nature of our work, the locations of our programs, and the healthy living we promote, we don’t allow employees to smoke, use e-cigarettes, or vape at any time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Work will usually be performed Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm but also includes flexibility for some weekend and evening work.
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% paid employee assistance program, health, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401k plan – employer funded at 5%
- Paid Time Off – 3 weeks; 4 weeks at 4 years
- 12 holidays + 2 personal holidays
- Cafeteria Plan - health and dependent care
Application Procedure & Timeline
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Andrea Weiss, Search Consultant, email@example.com, 530-756-8219. Applicant screening will be ongoing until the position is filled as the goal is to complete the recruitment process at the earliest opportunity and welcome a new Bicycle Program’s Manager as soon as possible.