50 Bikes for 50 Kids
What: 50 Bikes for 50 Kids is a community service event that matches teams of volunteers with well-deserving kids to help assemble 50 new quality bikes.
When: Monday, January 21, 2019, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a National Day of Service.
Who: Kids in grades 5–12 are nominated by local organizations for demonstrating traits such as respect, responsibility and citizenship. After nominations are reviewed, 50 kids are selected to build and receive a new bike during a highly energized daylong event. The kids and volunteers experience the rewards of teamwork, volunteerism, and community.
Why: 50 Bikes for 50 Kids demonstrates the value of what hard work, community and volunteerism can accomplish while introducing kids, and the entire community, to the healthy, life-long benefits of bicycling.
Thanks to our volunteer photographers, there are many wonderful pictures showcasing the power of mentorship, volunteerism, and community.
- Becky & Charlie Heieck
- Buckmaster Office Solutions
- California Statewide Certified Development Corporation
- Crocker Branding & Communications
- Cycling Unikitties
- Eric Ratinoff Law Corp
- EyeOn Promotions - iPROMOTEu
- Fergerson Financial
- Four Seasons at Westshore Residents
- Golden 1 Credit Union
- Granite Bay Postal
- The Healing Touch Chiropractic
- Heritage Park Bike Club
- HR to Go
- Integral Communities
- Law Offices of Zappettini & Bradley
- Lewis Management Corp.
- Marianne Kern
- Marty Carr
- N Magazine
- Natomas School of Music
- Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates
- Office of Councilmember Angelique Ashby
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company - Applied Technology Services
- Patrick & Buzzarellos, LLP
- Patti Hoffman
- Point West Rotary Club
- Raley's Family of Fine Stores
- River City Bank
- Rotary Club of Natomas
- Runyon Saltzman, Inc
- Sacramento Bike Hikers
- The Shack
- Staff World Services
- STLi Web Solutions
- Suzanne Noble
- TBR Garage
- Universal Technical Institute
- Wells Fargo Bank